MEC-006 PUBLIC ECONOMICS
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: MEC-006
Assignment Code: MEC-006/AST/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
MEC-006 Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Short Name||MEC-006 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2020 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2021, and for
January 2021 session by September 30, 2021 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
1) What is the basic idea behind the “Pure Theory of Public Expenditure’: Discuss briefly. Also, what is the
theoretical rationale behind Lindahl Pricing?
2) State the ideal conditions for meeting the ‘socially optimum criteria’ for utility pricing. Also,
critically discuss the utility pricing rules for ‘best solutions’.
3) Using different tax rates demonstrate how the deadweight loss could be minimised?
4) On what ground did the classical economists oppose public debt? What counterview is proposed
by the modern economists in their view on public debt?
5) What is a Social Welfare Function? Explain this concept with the help of the Samuelson Bengson’s Social Welfare Indifference Curves.
6) Discuss the Bowen and Black’s models for the identification of ‘Median Voter Preference’.
7) State the main problems in international policy coordination. Suggest methods on how they can
MEC-006, MEC006, MEC-06, MEC-6, MEC 006, MEC 6, MEC-06