EHI-02 Solved Assignment 2018-19
India: Earliest Times to 800 A.D.
Course Code: EHI-02
Assignment Code: EHI-2/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Discuss the religious beliefs and practices of the Harappans. 20
Examine the changes in society, Economy and polity from the early Vedic to the
Later Vedic period.
2. What were the main features of the administrative organization of the Mauryas? 20
Examine the economy, polity and society of the Guptas.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. What do you understand by the term ‘Neolithic’? What are the main features of 12
South Indian Neolithic.
Discuss the Mesolithic culture of India.
4. Discuss the rise of urban centres in the 6th century B.C. ? 12
What were the factors which led to the rise of Magadha?
5. Discuss the main features of trade and urbanization in the period 200 B.C.- 200A.D. 12
Examine art and architecture in the period 200 B.C. -200 A.D.
6. What were the reasons for the decline of the Mauryas? 12
Trace the growth of Tamil language & literature in Early India.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
i) Bhakti ideology
iv) Literary sources