EHI-01 Modern India, 1857-1964
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
Course Code: EHI-01
Assignment Code : AST/TMA/2020-21
Total Marks: 100
EHI-01 History Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(History)|
|Short Name||EHI-01 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(History) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2020 Session Students: 31st March 2021
For January 2021 Session Students: 30th September 2021
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words each.
1. Discuss the various stages of colonialism in India. What was its impact on Indian
What was the state of Indian agriculture before 1947? What measures were taken to
bring about improvements in agricultural production after 1947?
2. Discuss the reasons for the failure of the Revolt of 1857. 20
Write a note on the Non-cooperation Movement.
Section 2: Answer in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the main characteristics of the popular movements during the second half
of nineteenth century. 12
Discuss the relationship between Indian National Congress and the Indian capitalist class.
4. Discuss the early political activities of Mahatma Gandhi after his arrival from South
Write a note on the Indian National Army (INA)
5. Discuss the rise of national consciousness in 19th-century India.
What is communalism? Discuss the process of its emergence in Indian society
6. Discuss the controversies relating to the foundation of the Indian National Congress. 12
Write a note on the Quit India Movement.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each. 6+6
7. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Bharatendu Harishchandra
b) Home Rule Leagues
c) Government of India Act, 1935
d) Santhal rebellion.
EHI-01, EHI-1, EHI 01, EHI 1, EHI01, EHI