EHI-01 Solved Assignment 2018-19
Modern India : 1857-1964
Course Code: EHI-01
Assignment Code : EHI-1/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words each.
1. Discuss the rise of national consciousness in 19th-century India. 20
Discuss the role of the Indian state in promoting industrialisation after 1947.
2. Discuss the main characteristics of the popular movements during the 20
second half of 19th century.
Describe the early political activities of Mahatma Gandhi after his arrival
from South Africa.
Section 2: Answer in about 250 words each.
3. Describe the various types of land settlements in colonial India. 12
Discuss the controversies relating to the foundation of the Indian National Congress.
4. Write a note on the Indian National Army (INA). 12
Write a note on the formation and the early activities of the Communist Party
5. What is ‘de-industrialisation’? What was its impact on the Indian Economy 12
during the colonial period?
Explain the causes of the Revolt of 1857.
6. What was the contribution of the Swaraj Party to the Indian National Movement? 12
Write a note on the Swadeshi movement in Bengal.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6+6
a) The Nehru Report (1928)
b) Government of India Act, 1935
c) Bankim Chandra
d) Drain of Wealth