EHI-03 India From 8th to 15th Century A.D
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
India from 8th to 15th Century
Course Code: EHI-03
Assignment Code: EHI-03/AST/TMA/2020-21
Total Marks: 100
EHI-03 History Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(History)|
|Short Name||EHI-03 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BA(History) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Assignment (TMA) For July 2020 Session Students: 31st March 2021
Assignment (TMA) For January 2021 Session Students: 30th September 2021
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Critically examine the emergence of new social ethos during the 8-13th centuries. 20
Discuss various approaches to analyse the character of early medieval polity.
2. Examine the Deccan policy of the Turkish Sultans. 20
List the main features of Khalji architecture. What changes introduced by the Tughlaqs in the
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. Critically examine the formation and consolidation of lineage power under the Rajputs. 12
Examine the agrarian and political order of south India during the 8-13th centuries with special
reference to nadu, valanadu, nagaram and brahmadeya.
4. Analyse critically the causes of the Turkish success. 12
Discuss the land revenue system of the Delhi Sultans.
5. Mention various techniques used during the 13-15th centuries to lift the water from the wells. 12
Write a note on the growth of bhakti movement in north India.
6. What role did the religion and religious classes play in the political, social and economic life of the
Vijayanagara empire? 12
What role did the sufis play in the society and polity during the 13-15th centuries?
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
ii) Fabrication of Genealogies in the Deccan in the 8-13 centuries
iii) Alauddin Khalji’s market control measures
iv) Origin and growth of Urdu language
EHI-03, EHI-3, EHI 03, EHI 3, EHI03, EHI