EPS-09 Solved Assignment 2018-19
EPS-009: COMPARATIVE GOVERNMET AND POLITICS
Course Code: EPS-09
Assignment Code: EPS-09/AST/TMA/2018-19
Answer questions in each category. Answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer any two of the following in about 500 words each. 20×2
1. Explain the political economy approach to the study of comparative politics.
2. Trace the evolution of women’s movement in the global context.
3. Examine the implications of globalisation in the economic sphere.
4. Describe the main features of secular regimes. How are they different from theocratic regimes?
B) MCQ: Answer any four of the following in about 250 words each 12×2
5. Explain the functions of political parties in a democracy.
6. Briefly describe the UN Declaration of Human Rights 1948.
7. How is a Presidential form of government different from a Parliamentary form of government?
8. Describe the role of pressure groups in democratic politics.
9. Write a short note on Women’s movement in the non-western context.
10. Analyse the role of ideology in national movements.
11. Distinguish democratic regimes from authoritarian regimes.
12. Write a note on judicial activism in India.
C) SCQ: Write a short note on any two of the following in about 50 words each 6×2
ii) Cooperative federalism.
iii) Huntington’s Clash of Civilisation