BEGC-110 BRITISH LITERATURE: 19th CENTURY
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
BRITISH LITERATURE: 19th CENTURY
Assignment for July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
BEGC-110 English Honours
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||January, and July, 2021 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January Batch: Last date of Submission for the December TEE: 31st October
For July Batch: Last date of Submission for the June Examination: 30th April
Answer All Questions
Q.I Explain with reference to context the following lines:
4 x 5 = 20
(i) “Come, my friends
‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset and the baths Of all the western stars, until I die”
(ii) I was ever a fighter, so—one fight more,
The best and the last!
I would hate that death bandaged my eyes and forbore,
And bade me creep past.
(iii) Yes! in the sea of life enisled,
With echoing straits between us thrown,
Dotting the shoreless watery wild,
We mortal millions live alone….
(iv) Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)
With swift, slow; sweet, sour; a dazzle, dim;
He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:
Q. II Answer the following questions in about 300 words each:
4 x 5 =20
1. How does the novel A Tale of Two Cities end and with what effect ?
2. Draw a character sketch of Lucetta in Hardy’s novel. A Mayor of Casterbridge.
3. Critically analyse the poem ‘Break Break, Break’ by Tennyson.
4. In your opinion, what is the theme of ‘Dover Beach’?
Q. III Answer the following questions in about 600 words each:
4 x 15 = 60
1. What is the significance of the title of Dickens’ novel A Tale of Two Cities?
2. Henchard’s downfall comes about as a result of his own character. Discuss.
3. Discuss the Silent features of the Victorian Age as reflected in the works of the writers in
4. Critically analyse Rossetti’s poem ‘Goblin Market’.
BEGC-110, BEGC 110, BEGC110