MHI-10 URBANISATION IN INDIA in English Solved Assignment 2023-2024
Course Code: MHI-10
Assignment Code: MHI-10/AST/TMA/2023-2024
Total Marks: 100
MHI-10 Solved Assignment 2023-2024
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA (HISTORY) MHI|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: MA (HISTORY) MHI|
|Session||For July 2023 and January 2024|
|Product||Assignment of MA (HISTORY) 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session: 31st March
For January Session: 30th September
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words each.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. How are the spatial aspects of urbanism reflected in the archaeological record?
Comment taking the case of the Harappan civilisation. 20
2. Critically examine chief characteristics of early historic urban centres. 20
3. Discuss the notions of space after the emergence of urban centres in the sixth century
4. ‘Early medieval centres unlike the early historic centres were primarily nodal points in
local exchange’ Comment 20
5. Write short notes on any two of the following. Answer in about 250 words each.
i) Lefebvre’s notion of space
ii) Portuguese Cities a Polisgarchic
iii) Burial Practices of the Harappans
iv) Bhir Mound
6. Discuss the process of urbanization under the Delhi Sultans. 20
7. ‘Tanjavur emerged as the chief ‘ceremonial’ centre by the political will of the Cholas’.
8. Analyse sacred zones and khandas of Banaras. How did it influence the cityscape? 20
9. Describe the emergence of canal colonies. What was its impact? How did it alter the urban
10. Write short notes on any two of the following. Answer in about 250 words each.
i) Capital cities of Mandu
iii) Cities in the Kutchh-Gujarat Region
iv) Improvement Trusts
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?