MEG-18 American Poetry Solved Assignment 2022-2023
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-18)
Course Code: MEG-18
Assignment Code: MEG-18/TMA/2022-23
Max. Marks: 100
MEG-18 English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Session||For July, 2022 and January, 2023 Session|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (if enrolled in the July Session) and 30th
Sept (if enrolled in the January session).
Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Trace the history of colonialism in America. 20
2. Discuss the contributing texts of American Poetry to the canon. 20
3. How does Phillis Wheatley raise her black woman’s voice in the poem “On Being Brought from
American to America”? 20
4. Discuss some of the major figures of American Enlightenment. 20
5. Write a critical note on Thoreau’s “Walden”. 20
6. Critically examine Harlem Renaissance in the context of early twentieth century
American Poetry. 20
7. Discuss the role of John Crowe Ransom in 20th Century American Poetry.
MEG-18, MEG18, MEG 18, MEG