MEG-02 BRITISH DRAMA Solved Assignment 2023-2024
(Based on Blocks (1-9)
Max. Marks: 100
MEG-02 Solved Assignment 2023-2024
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2023-2024 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Session||For July, 2023 and January, 2024 Session|
|Assignment Code||MEG-02/TMA 01/2023-24|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2023-2024 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (if enrolled in the July Session) and 30th
Sept (if enrolled in the January session).
Section A is compulsory. Attempt any four questions in Section B
1. Critically comment on the following passages with reference to the context, in not
more than 150 words each: (4×5=20)
(a) O, my offence is rank, it smells to heaven, It had the primal eldest curse upon’t A
brother’s murder! Pray can I not. Though inclination be as sharp as will.
(b) Galatea never does quite like Pygmalion: relation to her is too godlike to be altogether
(c) What boots it then to think of God or heaven ? Away with such fancies and despair;
Despairin God, and trust in Beelzebub … Abjure this magic, turn to God again.
(d) Astride of a grave and a difficult birth
Down in the hole, lingeringly,
the gravedigger puts on the forceps.
We have time to grow old. The air is full of our cries. But habit is a great deadener.
1. “Beckett rejects the received logic of form and conventional structure.” Critically comment.
2. Discuss the typical Shakespearean comic elements in the play in A Midsummer Night’s
3. What do you think is the dominant quality of Hamlet’s character? Discuss with suitable
4. Can The Alchemist be understood as a satire? Give suitable examples. (20)
5. Discuss the play Pygmalion as a romance? Elaborate. (20)
6. Discuss the art of characterisation in The Playboy of the Western World? (20)
7. Discuss Murder in the Cathedral as a poetic drama. (20)
8. Comment on the historical significance of Look Back in Anger. (20)
9. Discuss the Romantic and Modernist conceptions of character in the presentation of Jimmy
as the play’s protagonist.
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?