MEC-008 ECONOMICS OF SOCIAL SECTOR AND ENVIRONMENT
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Course Code: MEC-008
Assignment Code: MEC-008/AST/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
MEC-008 Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Short Name||MEC-008 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2020 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2021, and for
January 2021 session by September 30, 2021 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
1) How does taking the ‘income levels’ as an indicator of development defeats the objective of tackling the
multi-faceted dimensions of development? Explain.
2) Discuss the Gordon’s contention that the ‘optimal size of fishery is one which maximizes sustainable
resource rent’ with appropriate theoretical justification.
3) Explain the transition to ‘institutional economics’ from ‘neoclassical economics’.
4) What are the essential differences in the two approaches of ‘shadow prices’ and ‘hedonic pricing’
methods as ‘valuation tools of environmental functions’.
5) Write a note on the different types of ‘common property resource’.
6) Bring out the inter-regional variations in ‘expenditure on education’ in India as it obtained in the
early years of 2000s.
7) Make a case in favour of levying the ‘user fees’ for public health facilities. What are the
arguments that can be offered ‘for and against’ such a proposal?
MEC-008, MEC-8, MEC 8, MEC-08, MEC08, MEC 08, MEC 008, MEC008, MEC-008