MEC-008 Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MEC-008
Assignment Code: MEC-008/AST/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
MEC-008 Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MEC-008 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2019 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2020, and for
January 2020 session by September 30, 2020 for being eligible to appear in the termend examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study
Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
1) With a suitable illustration, show that when externalities are present, the price-taking profit
maximising behaviour of a producer will not necessarily lead to an efficient allocation of
resources. Also, suggest remedies in such situation.
2) In case of forestry, outline how the optimal harvesting age is determined? Discuss how in
this situation, Hartman’s model yields higher rotation age than that of Faustmann’s.
3) Bring out the crux of the concept of ‘sustainable development’.
4) Explain briefly any three situations under which government intervention is necessary in
5) Briefly outline the current ‘system of national accounts’ pointing out its shortcomings from
the point of view of environmentally sustainable national accounts.
6) Discuss briefly the limitations of the ‘game theoretic approach’ to ‘common property
7) Present a critique of the approach to studies of ‘cost-benefit analysis’.
MEC-008, MEC008, MEC-08, MEC-8, MEC 008, MEC 8, MEC-008