BEGG-173 ACADEMIC WRITING AND COMPOSITION Solved Assignment 2022-2023
ACADEMIC WRITING AND COMPOSITION
Course Code: BEGG 173
Max. Marks: 100
BEGG-173 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: BA(Generic Elective)|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 sessions|
|Assignment Code||July 22-Jan.23 Course|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Generic Elective) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Answer all questions in this assignment.
I Write short notes of about 100 words each on the following: 5×5=25
1. How is academic writing different from non-academic writing? Give suitable
examples of both.
2. Write a short note on what you understand by the term ‘critical thinking’. What
are the three essential components of critical thinking?
3. What aspects should be considered while writing the introductory paragraph of
an academic essay?
4. With suitable examples, explain the significance of ‘signposts’ and ‘transitions’
5. Explain, with examples, how narrative writing differs from expository writing.
II. Write short essays of about 200 words each on the following: 2×10=20
1. Discuss the three stages of the process approach to writing.
2. What is ‘copyright law’? Why is it important for a writer of academic essays to be
aware of copyright law?
III. Answer the following question in about 250 words. 15
1. What are the defining features of an argumentative essay? With suitable examples, show
how argumentative writing differs from persuasive writing.
IV. Write a well structured composition on the topic: 15
‘Online learning and the higher education scenario in India: issues and possibilities.’
(Your essay should have a clear introductory paragraph, body paragraph and
concluding paragraph. You can take hints from Unit 7 to write this answer).
V. The principal of your college has conducted a meeting to discuss the preparations
for the forthcoming College Annual Day. Write a brief report of the meeting.
VI. i. While writing a review, what aspects would you consider, in order to make it
most effective? 5
ii. Write the review of a research article that you read recently in an academic
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?