BEGC-102 European Classical Literature
Solved Assignment 2021
European Classical Literature
Assignment January & July 2021 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
BEGC-102 English Honours
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||January, and July, 2021 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the December TEE: 31st October, 2021
For July 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the June Examination: 30th April, 2022
Write short notes in about 200 words each: 2 × 5 = 10
(ii) Fescennine Verse
2. Reference to the Context in about 200 words each: 2 X 5 = 10
(i) “… as he yelled out, ‘Look at me mother!’Agave stared at him, uttered a wild
shriek, violently shaking her neck and tossing her hair; then twisted his head right
off. Displaying it high in her blood- drenched fingers, she shouted, ‘Joy, my
companions! Victory is ours!’
(ii) “…what’s more, it is the proper thing – if you say, You, … forced the blameless girl
when you had drunk too much”.
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Examine Achilles as a warrior hero.
2. Analyse the unity of time in Oedipus Rex?
3. What are the implications of the marriage proposal in Pot of Gold?
4. Discuss the relationship between Horace and his father as described in Satire 1:4.
Answer the following questions in about 650 words each: 4 X 12.5 = 50
1. Who do you think is the real hero of the Iliad?
2. Would you agree that ‘Oedipus Rex is the story of a noble man in pursuit of the truth that
ultimately destroys him’?
3. In what way does Pot of Gold provide a view of ancient Roman society? Discuss.
4. Discuss the myth of Bacchus. Why do you think there was a clash in worshipping him?
BEGC-102, BEGC 102, BEGC102