BEGC-101 Indian Classical Literature
Solved Assignment 2021
Indian Classical Literature
Assignment January & July 2021 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
BEGC-101 English Honours
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Semester||2021 Course: BAG & BA English (Hons)|
|Session||January, and July, 2021 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG & BA English (Hons) 2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For January 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the December TEE: 31st October, 2021
For July 2021 Batch: Last date of Submission for the June Examination: 30th April, 2022
Write short notes in about 200 words each: 2 × 5 = 10
(i) Mrichhakatika as a literary text
(ii) Themes in Sangam poetry
Reference to the Context in about 200 words each: 2 X 5 = 10
2. (i) “Perish the sinful thought, why are you out to sully your family’s honour;
and to make me fall; you are like a river that crumbles its banks to muddy its crystal
stream, and uproots the tree growing by its edge.”
(ii) “No, you yourself must mention it in the right way to Dhrtarastra, the first of the Kurus, O
Saubala. I shall not be able to bring up the matter.”
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Examine the theme of love and marriage in Abhijnana Shakuntala?
2. Discuss the role of fate and chance in the Mahabharata.
3. Comment on the use of metaphors in Mrichchhkatika?
4. Define akam and puram poetry.
Answer the following questions in about 650 words each: 4 X 12.5 = 50
1. How is the veer rasa and the shringara rasa evoked in Abhijnana Shakuntala?
2. What do you think is Karna’s views on/ of Krsna in the Mahabharat?
3. How is the social dimension of the times treated in Sudraka’s Mrichchhkatika?
4. Comment on the idea of justice as expressed in Cilappatikaran.
BEGC-101, BEGC 101, BEGC101