BEGAE-182 English Communication Skills
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
ENGLISH COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Course Code: BEGAE 182
Maximum Marks 100
BEGAE-182 English Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(English)|
|Session||For July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April|
For December Examination: 31st October
Answer all questions
I. Answer the following in about 150 words each:
1. What do you understand by the term ‘non-verbal communication’?
2. What are the conventions of a conversation? How does it differ from other speech events?
3. What is meant by the ‘schema theory’? How is it important in understanding the reading
4. Discuss any two difficulties that learners of English as a second language are likely to
encounter while learning English vocabulary.
5. What are the four levels of meaning that you need to be aware of as a reader?
II. 1. You are attending an International Conference in your city. You have just met a
participant from the U.S.A. Write out a dialogue in 10 turns where both of you get
introduced to each other and discuss your expectations from the conference.
2. You have been invited to speak in a webinar for high school students on the topic:
“Challenges faced by school students in India during the COVID-19 lockdown.”
Write out your speech in around 250 words.
III. 1. Discuss the semantic and linguistic barriers to communication. Give suitable
2. “Writing is commonly seen as a three-way process: pre-writing, writing and re-writing.” Explain
3. A group of four students have been given the following topic for group discussion.
‘Internet usage by school students: issues and challenges.”
Write out the discussion giving at least 3 turns to each student.
BEGAE-182, BEGAE 182, BEGAE182