MLII-102 Information Processing and Retrieval in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: MLII-102
Coverage: Assignment Code: AST/SEM/ Jul.2022- Jan.2023
Units: 1-19 Total Marks: 50
MLII-102 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MLIS|
|Session||For July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||AST/SEM/ Jul.2022- Jan.2023|
|Product||Assignment of MLIS 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session- March 31,
For January Session- September 30,
Note: Answer all questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1.1 Define indexing language. Discuss its need, purpose and characterisitics. (10)
1.2 What is a thesaurus? Explain its functions. Describe the process of thesaurus
2.1 Write an essay on Colon Classification discussing its features and structure. (10)
2.2 Explain Cutter‟s contribution to Subject Indexing giving examples. (10)
3.1 What is keyword indexing? Enumerate its different variants. Discuss any two of
3.2 Differentiate between HTML and XML. Explain the XML syntax and tags.
Describe its applications in library and information activities. (10)
4.1 What is MARC? Discuss the field „856‟ for description of online resources. (10)
4.2 What do you understand by compatibility in ISAR systems? Discuss the areas
and principles ofcompatibility in ISAR systems. (10)
5.0 Write short notes on any two of the following: (10)
(a) Special Auxiliaries in UDC
(b) Semantic Web
(c) Entities in FRBR Model
(d) Farradane‟s Relational Operators
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?