FST-01 Question Paper
FST-01 Foundation Course in Science and Technology
|Dec 2017||June 2017||December 2016|
|June 2016||December 2015||June 2015|
|December 2014||June 2014||December 2013|
|June 2013||December 2012||June 2012|
FST-01 IMPORTANT QUESTION
- Identify the correct words from the brackets: a) (Insulin/Penicillin) is a synthetically prepared anti-diabetic drug. b) Two atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the year (1945/1955).
- Write the terms for the following: a) The branch of science that deals with the study of relationships between organisms and their environment. b) Satellite Instruction Television Experiment
- Match the items of Column-1 with those of Column-2. Coulmn-1 Column-2 a) Mechanics i) Green plants b) Circulation of blood ii) Lasers c) Air purification iii) Greek civilisation d) Long distance communication iv) William Harvey
- Which one of the following statements is true and which is false? Write the reason for the statement being true or false. a) Mars has several features that are similar to Earth. b) Nuclear wastes are biodegradable.
- Explain the tradition and social functions of science.
- Describe any five technical devices that were invented or improved upon in Medieval India.
- Citing suitable examples describe the operations involved in the ‘method of science’.
- Detail the techniques and instruments that have helped us in gathering information about the Universe.
- What goals need to be set for the management of water resources? How water can be managed in a scientific manner?
- “There is a mismatch between man’s ability to produce and social incapacity to utilize”. Explain the meaning of this statement.
- Elucidate any five contributions made by the ‘human factor specialists’.