BSOC-131 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Tutor Marked Assignments
Programme Code : BAG
Course Code : BSOC –131
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /2021-22
Total Marks: 100
BSOC-131 Sociology Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: BA(Sociology)|
|Session||July 2021 & January 2022 Sessions|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /2021-22|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Sociology) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July: 30th April|
For the students enrolled in January: 31st October
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the emergence of modern social anthropology.
Are there common issues concerning both sociology and economics? Discuss.
1. Examine the linkages between sociology and history.
Differentiate between the functional perspectives of Malinowski and Radcliffe-Brown.
Answer the following Middle Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10
3 X 10 = 30
3. Is political sociology a sub-field of sociology? Discuss.
Discuss the conservative reaction to enlightenment.
4. Examine the sociological concepts and methods used in social psychology.
Discuss the socio-cultural factors of social change.
5. What is gender socialisation? Explain.
Describe the criteria of a community.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6
5 X 6 = 30
6. Discuss the difference between political sociology and sociology of politics.
7. Distinguish between primary and secondary socialization.
8. What is social institution?
9. What is status?
10. Differentiate between culture and civilization.
BSOC-131, BSOC 131, BSOC131