BSOC-131 INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC –131
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /July 2020 & January 2021
Total Marks: 100
BSOC-131 Sociology Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: BA(Sociology)|
|Short Name||BSOC-131 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||ASST /TMA /July 2020 & January 2021|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(Sociology) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For the students enrolled in July 2020 30th April, 2021
For the students enrolled in January 2021 31st October, 2021
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question
carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the factors for the emergence of sociology.
What are the elements of culture? Discuss.
2. Discuss the approaches to the understanding of social change.
Describe the similarities between sociology and social anthropology.
Answer the following Middle Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10
3 X 10 = 30
3. Describe the characteristics of community.
What is social psychology? Explain its inter-disciplinary approach.
4. Discuss the perspectives on social institutions.
Explain the different kinds of organisation.
5. Describe the premises of functionalism.
Discuss Mead’s theory of the development of self.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6
5 X 6 = 30
6. Write a note on contemporary economic sociology.
7. Describe the concepts of culture trait and culture complex.
8. Differentiate between ascribed and achieved status.
9. Differentiate between multiple roles and role set.
10. Define the concept of socialization.
BSOC-131, BSOC 131, BSOC131