BEGC-133 BRITISH LITERATURE Solved Assignment 2023-2024
Course Code: BEGC 133
Max. Marks: 100
BEGC-133 Solved Assignment 2023-2024
|Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)
|2023-2024 Course: BAG English
|July, 2023 & January 2024 Sessions
|Assignment July, 2023 & January 2024 Sessions
|Assignment of BAG English 2023-2024 (IGNOU)
|For June Examination: 31st March
For December Examination: 30th September
Answer all questions in this assignment.
I Explain the following passages with reference to the context.
1. “I have no spur
To prick the sides of my intent, but only
Vaulting ambition, which o’erleaps itself
And falls on th’ other.”
2. “Out, damned spot: out I say! One, Two: Why then ’tis time
to do’t. Hell is murky. Fie, My Lord, fie! A soldier, and
affear’d? What need we fear who knows it, when none can
call our power to accompt”?
3. “He did it like an operatic tenor—a regular handsome fellow, with
flashing eyes and lovely moustache, shouting a war-cry and charging
like Don Quixote at the windmills. We nearly burst with laughter at
him; but when the sergeant ran up as white as a sheet, and told us
they’d sent us the wrong cartridges, and that we couldn’t fire a shot
for the next ten minutes, we laughed at the other side of mouths.”
4. “The old order changeth, yielding place to new,
And God fulfils himself in many ways,
Lest one good custom should corrupt the world.
Comfort thyself: what comfort is in me?
I have lived my life, and that which I have done
May He within himself make pure!”
II. Write short notes on the following:
a. Characterisation in Far from the Madding Crowd.
b. The ‘Banquet Scene’ in Macbeth.
c. Tennyson as a representative poet of Victorian England.
d. Bernard Shaw and the ‘discussion play’.
III. Write short essays on the following:
a. “Arms and the Man is considered to be an ‘anti-romantic
comedy’”. Do you agree?
b. What are the main themes of Tennyson’s poem “Morte
d’Arthur’? Briefly explain the allegorical significance of the
IV Write a brief critical appreciation of Thomas Hardy’s novel Far from
the Madding Crowd, bringing out the significance of the landscape of
Wessex in the novel.
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?