BEGAE-182 English Communication Skills Solved Question Paper December 2021
BEGAE-182 English Communication Skills
Solved Question Paper December 2021
Course Code: BEGAE-182
Solved Term-End Examination December, 2021
|Title Name||BEGAE-182 Solved Question Paper December 2021|
|Service Type||Solved Question Paper (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Product||Solved Question Paper (IGNOU)|
I. Answer any four of the following questions in about 100 words each. 4*5=20
1. Explain with suitable examples, how a conversation is different from other speech events.
2. What do you understand by the term ‘interpretive reading’ ? Give examples to support your answer.
3. Explain any two faulty reading habits noticed among second language learners.
4. How are new words formed through affixation and compounding ?
5. What are ‘homonyms’ and ‘homographs’ ? Give examples of both.
6. Explain the term ‘argumentative discourse’, giving suitable examples.
II. Write a formal letter to the Managing Director of a firm in your town, applying for the post of Research Analyst in his/her firm. 10
III. A group of 5 students have been given the topic : ‘‘Qualities of an effective team leader.’’ Write out a group discussion on this topic. 10
IV. Explain with suitable examples, the semantic and linguistic barriers to communication. 10
Write a short note describing how you would structure a presentation to make it most effective. Prepare a brief outline of a presentation on a topic of your choice. 5+5=10
BEGAE-182, BEGAE 182, BEGAE182