BCOC-138 COST ACCOUNTING in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
COURSE CODE : BCOC – 138
COURSE TITLE : COST ACCOUNTING
ASSIGNMENT CODE : BCOC – 138/TMA/2022-23
COVERAGE : ALL BLOCKS
BCOC-138 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: B.Com(G) CBCS|
|Session||Valid from 1st January 2022 to 31st December 2022|
|Assignment Code||BCOC – 138/TMA/2022-23|
|Product||Assignment of BCOMG 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||1. Those students who are appearing in June Term End Examination they have to submit latest by in 15th March.
2. Those students who are appearing in December exams. They should download the new assignment and submit the same latest by 15th October.
Q.1 Explain the differences between cost accounting and financial accounting. What are
the advantages of cost accounting?
Q.2 From the following particulars of a manufacturing firm, prepare the Cost Sheet
showing (i) Prime Cost, (ii) Works Cost, (iii) Cost of Production, and (iv) Cost of
Stock of materials on 1.1.2018
Purchase of Materials
Stock of finished goods on 1.1.2018 (5,000 units)
Finished goods sold (1,74,000 units)
Selling and Distribution expenses
Stock of materials on 31.12.2018
Stock of finished goods on 31.12.2018 (6,000 units)
Q.3 Explain centralized and decentralized purchasing systems along with their merits
Q.4 Discuss different items that are taken into account while ascertaining the cost of
materials. Support your answer with an illustration.
Q.5 The standard time allowed to complete a job is 100 hours and the hourly rate of
wage payment is Rs. 5. The actual time taken by the worker to complete the job is
Calculate the total wages of the worker on the basis of :
i) Time Rate
ii) Piece Rate
iii) Halsey Plan
iv) Rowan Plan
Also compare the effective earnings per hour under the above methods.
Section – B
Q.6 What is meant by time keeping? Describe its forms and purpose. (6)
Q.7 Discuss the characteristics, merits and demerits of time wage system and piece wage
Q.8 What is meant by apportionment of costs? Discuss the principles of apportionment. (6)
Q.9 Define job costing. Explain its features and applicability. (6)
Q.10 Giving an appropriate example, explain the calculation of equivalent production of
Section – C
Q.11 Distinguish between the following:
a) Fixed overheads and variable overheads
b) Job costing and process costing
c) Joint-products and by-products
d) Integral accounting and non integral accounting
Q.12 Write short notes on the following:
a) Inventory control
b) Idle time
c) Incentive plans
d) Computation of transport service costing
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?