MSO-002 Research Methodologies and Methods In English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-002: Research Methodologies and Methods
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code : MSO
Course Code : MSO-002
Assignment Code: MSO-002/AST/TMA/2022-23
Maximum Marks : 100
Weightage : 30%
MSO-002 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(Sociology) MSO|
|Session||July 2022 and January 2023 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Sociology) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For students admitted in July Batch- 31st March
For students admitted in January Batch- 30th September
Answer questions from both the sections.
Answer any two of the following questions
1. What is phenomenology? Explain with reference to the contribution of Martin
2. What is positivism? Discuss Giddens’s critique of positivism. 25
3. Explain the comparative method. Discuss its scope in social science research. 25
4. Discuss the participatory approach to social research. Compare and contrast it with
conventional research methodology.
5. Critically examine the nature and scope of feminist method in social science research. 25
Write a research report on any one of the following topics in about 3000 words.
1. Change in family structure and familial relations in India. 50
2. Significance of open and distance learning in democratization of education. 50
3. Relevance of quantitative method of analysis in sociological research. 50
You can write this report based either on review of literature, or data collected from the primary
For review of literature you are to select either two books or four research articles published recently
on the selected topic of your choice. Write a review article focusing on the location of the study,
methodology followed and the main findings of these studies.
For the primary source you are to collect two case studies and write a report on the selected topic in a
comparative framework. While writing the report spell out clearly the objectives and the problems of
the study and
problematise the issue within the existing/available literature,
elaborate your observations, finding and conclusion coherently, and
make proper referencing at the end.
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?