MS-55 Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Solved Assignment 2020
Course Code : MS-55
Course Title : Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Assignment No. : MS-55/TMA/Sem-II/2020
Coverage : All Blocks
MS-55 Solved Assignment 2020
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020 Course: Management Programme|
|Product||Assignment of Management Programme 2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||31st October|
Note: Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment to the Coordinator of your Study
Centre on or before 31st October, 2020.
1. What is Physical Distribution Management? Describe its components. Also, elucidate
the “total approach” to PDM.
2. How do you link goods flow, information flow and cash flow in supply chain
integration? Explain with appropriate diagram.
3. “Making changes in a manufacturing company is probably the hardest thing that
civilized man has ever set out to achieve” – give your comments on this statement in
context with the organization switching to supply chain management.
4. “Today’s management cannot afford to focus only on company’s performance in a
vacuum, there is an emerging requirement to focus on the performance of the extended
supply chain or network in which company is a partner”. Comment!
5. Write short note on any three of the following:
a) Logistics- Marketing interface.
b) Supply Alliances.
c) Distribution Requirement Planning (DRP).
d) Cost Drivers.
MS-55, MS 55, MS55