MS-53 Production/Operations Management
Solved Assignment 2022
Course Code : MS – 53
Course Title : Production/Operations Management
Assignment Code : MS-53/TMA/JAN/2022
Coverage : All Blocks
MS-53 Solved Assignment 2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022 Course: Management Programme|
|Session||January 2022 and July 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of Management Programme 2022 (IGNOU)|
Note: Attempt all the questions and submit this assignment to the coordinator of your study
centre. Last date of submission for January 2022 session is 30th April, 2022 and for July
2022 session is 31st October, 2022.
1. What do you mean by production/operations management? What is the inputtransformation-output process? Why operations management important in all types of
2. Cell phone sales for a Mumbai-based firm over the last 10 weeks are shown in the
following table. Plot the data, and visually check to see if a linear trend line would be
appropriate. Then determine the equation of the trend line, and predict sales for weeks
11 and 12.
Week Unit Sales
3. What do you mean by facilities layout? What are the various types of layouts? Discuss
with suitable examples.
4. ABC Company Ltd manufactures a seasonal product. At the present, they use a level
labor force a matter of company policy. The company is afraid that, if they lay off
workers they will not be able to rehire them or to find qualified replacements. Does this
company have an aggregate planning problem? Discuss.
5. Write a short note on the following:
i. Quality Function deployment (QFD).
ii. Guidelines for conducting Delphi study.
iii. Work measurement.
iv. Characteristics of Just in Time Systems.
MS-53, MS 53, MS53