SOLVED ASSIGNMENT, MBA (For 2018-19 Session)
MS-05 Management of Machines and Materials SOLVED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code : MS-05
Course Title : Management of Machines and Materials
Assignment No. : MS-05/TMA/SEM-I/2018
Coverage : All Blocks
1. It is generally felt that “rural areas are good for locating large plant, semi-urban areas for
locating medium-sized plants, and urban areas for small-scale plants”. Comment.
2. (a) Define job design. How has management viewed job design since the industrial
(b) List the important factors that must be addressed in job design and briefly discuss the
importance of each one.
3. Under what circumstances would you use PERT as opposed to CPM in project
management? Give some example of projects where each would be more applicable than
4. What do you understand by acceptance sampling? In what situations it is used? Briefly
discuss the sampling plans.
5. “Inventory management for slow moving expensive items should focus more on lead
time reduction than anything else”. Critically examine the statement.
6. Write short notes on any three of the following:
(a) Intermittent flow processes
(b) Uses of work sampling
(c) Helgeson and Birnie Method of line balancing
(d) Benefits of value engineering
(e) Objectives of codification.