MRD-101 Solved Assignment 2018-19
Course Code : MRD-101
Course Title : Rural Development: Indian Context
Assignment No. : MRD-101/AST/TMA-1/2018/2019
Note : The assignment has three sections. It contains questions, which require long, medium and short
answers. A long answer should not exceed 1000 words. Medium answers should not exceed
500 words each. Short answers should not exceed 100 words each.
Long Answers Questions Maximum Marks : 40
Attempt any One of the following:
1. What do you understand by Tenancy Reforms? Describe important aspects
of tenancy reforms.
2. Describe the main indicators of development.
3. What do you mean by empowerment? Explain the role of panchayats as an agent of political
Medium Answers Questions Maximum Marks : 15 each
Attempt any Two of the following:
1. Discuss the role of credit in rural development.
2. Describe the evolution of cooperatives in India.
3. Briefly describe the evolution of agricultural extension service system in India
Short Answers Questions Maximum Marks : 6 each
Write short notes on any Five of the following:
1. Meaning of Demography
2. Cultural Empowerment
3. Grameen Bank
4. Sarkaria Commission
5. Group Communication
6. Concept of Caste
8. Barriers of Communication