MRD-004 Solved Assignment 2018-19
Course Code : MRD-004
Course Title : Research Methods in Rural Development
Assignment No. : MRD-004/AST/TMA-4/2018/2019
Note : The assignment has three sections. It contains questions which require long, medium and short
answers. A long answer should not exceed 1000 words. Medium answers should not exceed
500 words each. Short answers should not exceed 100 words each.
Long Answer Questions Maximum Marks : 40
Attempt any One of the following :
1. What is meaning of scientific research? Describe the foundations of scientific research.
2. Describe the methods of sampling in social research.
3. What is phenomenology? Explain the phenomenological approaches in social research.
Medium Answer Questions Maximum Marks : 15 each
Attempt any Two of the following :
1. Briefly explain the main steps involved in a case study research method.
2. Differentiate between action research and applied research.
3. How does a researcher formulate the research problem? Discuss.
Short Answer Questions Maximum Marks : 6 each
Write short notes on any Five of the following :
1. Empirical Enquiry
2. Critical Ethnography
3. Bivariate Analysis
4. Quantitative Data
5. Importance of Hypothesis
6. Rating Scale
7. Review of Literature
8. Documents as a Source of Data Collection