MPSE-008 Solved Assignment 2018-19
STATE POLITICS IN INDIA (MPSE-008)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MPSE-008
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2018-19
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from
each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Compare the systemic and Marxian frameworks to study state politics.
2. Examine the principal features of state politics in India since the 1990s.
3. Discuss the nature of nexus between politicians, bureaucrats and criminals and its impact
on electoral politics.
4. Write an essay on the relationship between freedom and development.
5. Critically examine the nature of boundary disputes in India.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Social Capital
b) Sustainable Development
7. a) Post-Modernist framework
b) State and Economic Reforms
8. a) Determinants of electoral behaviour
b) The self-determination movements
9. a) Politics of water disputes
b) Ethnic minorities and politics
10. a) Role of caste in politics
b) Drawbacks of Indian electoral system