MPSE-004 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MPSE-004: SOCIAL AND POLITICAL THOUGHT IN MODERN INDIA
Course Code: MPSE-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2018-19
Note: Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions
from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the nature of state and sovereignty in ancient India.
2. Write a note on nationalism and colonial modernity.
3. Trace the trajectory of Muslim thought in 19th and 20th century India.
4. Elaborate the political-religious ideas of Dayanand Saraswati.
5. Examine the importance of Lal-Bal-Pal in the nationalist movement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Swami Vivekananda’s nationalism
b) V.D. Savarkar’s views on social change
7. a) E.V. Ramaswamy Naicker as a social reformer
b) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan on Hindu-Muslim unity
8. a) Jaipal Singh on championing Advasi identity
b) Gandhi on the relationship between means and ends
9. a) Jawaharlal Nehru on scientific temper
b) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on reason and rights
10. a) Rabindranath Tagore’s critique of nationalism
b) Establishment of communist party of India