MPSE-003 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MPSE-003: WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (From Plato to Marx)
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2018-19
Note: Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions
from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Examine the interrelationship of political thought and political science.
2. Discuss Plato’s theory of justice.
3. Write a note on Aristotle’s views on property, family and slavery.
4. Elaborate St. Agustine’s influence on western political thought.
5. Discuss Machiavelli’s classification of government.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on the rights and duties of the Sovereign
b) John Lock on social contract and civil society
7. a) Rousseau’s theory of General Will
b) Edmund Burke’s critique of natural rights and social contract
8. a) Immanuel Kant on perpetual peace
b) “The Panopticon”
9. a) Alex De Tocqueville on women and family
b) J.S. Mill on representative government
10. a) Hegel’s Dialectical Method
b) Marx’s views on communist Society