MPSE-003 WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (FROM PLATO TO MARX)
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (From Plato to Marx) (MPSE-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2021-22
MPSE-003 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Session||July 2021 and January 2022 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session- March 31
For January Session- September 30
1. Distinguish between political thought and political science.
2. Discuss Plato’s methodology.
3. Write a note on Aristotle’s theory of Justice.
4. What are St. Augustine’s views on state, property, war and slavery? Examine.
5. Elaborate upon Machiavelli’s Doctrine of Aggrandisement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each:
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on state of nature and natural rights
b) John Locke on consent, resistance and toleration
7. a) Rousseau’s critique of civil society
b) Edmund Burke’s critique of natural rights and social contract
8. a) Immanuel Kant’s transcendental–idealist view of human nature
b) Bantham’s “The Panopticon”
9. a) J. S. Mill on equal rights for women
b) Hegel’s philosophy of history
10. a) Marx’s theory of alienation
b) Marx’s vision of a communist society
MPSE-003, MPSE-03, MPSE 003, MPSE 03, MPSE003, MPSE03, MPSE-3, MPSE3, MPSE