MPSE-003 Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2019-20
MPSE-003 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MPS|
|Short Name||MPSE-003 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2019-20 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020 |
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from
each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the major contents of western political thought. What is the significance of
western political thought?
2. Explain J. S. Mill’s contribution to liberalism and equal rights for women.
3. Examine Aristotle’s theory of Justice.
4. Explain St. Thomas Aquinas’ views on law and the state.
5. Discuss Machiavelli’s doctrine of self-aggrandizement– “the ends justify the means.”
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on the state of nature and natural rights
b) John Lock on consent, resistance and toleration
7. a) Rousseau’s critique of civil society
b) Edmund Burke’s views on citizenship
8. a) Immanuel Kant on property, social contract and the state
b) Jeremy Bentham’s political philosophy
9. a) Alex De Tocqueville on democracy, revolution and the modern State
b) Rousseau’s General Will
10. a) Hegel’s philosophy of history
b) Marx’s theory of alienation
MPSE-003, MPSE-03, MPSE 003, MPSE 03, MPSE003, MPSE03, MPSE-3, MPSE3, MPSE