MLIE-101 Preservation and Conservation of Library Materials Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Tutor Marked Assignment
Course Code: MLIE-101
Coverage: Assignment Code: AST/TMA/Jul.2022-Jan.2023
Units: 1-15 Total Marks: 50
MLIE-101 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MLIS|
|Session||For July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MLIS 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July Session- March 31
For January Session- September 30
Note: Answer all questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1.1 Describe briefly the process of fumigation in the conservation of documents in the
1.2 Differentiate between preservation and conservation. Discuss the techniques of
2.1 Why is preservation considered as an important activity in libraries? Explain the
strategies adopted for preserving library material. (10)
2.2 What do you understand by library binding? Discuss its standards and process.
3.1 Explain the term „Library Digitisation‟. Discuss the major project of digitisation that
has been taken up in India. (10)
3.2 Explain the planning process for disaster management in academic libraries.
4.1 Describe physical environment and circulation policy, suitable for preservation of
non-book materials. (10)
4.2 Describe the basic material and tools used for Book repaired.
5.0 Write short notes on any two of the following: (10)
a) Advantages and disadvantages of microfilming library materials
b) Causes of CD deterioration
c) Clay tablets
e) Birch Bark Manuscripts
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?