MHI-09 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MHI-09: INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
Course Code: MHI-09
Assignment Code: MHI-08/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words
each. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Compare the views of the Cambridge School and Subaltern Studies on Indian 20
2. Write a note on economic nationalism with special reference to Indian thinkers. 20
3. Discuss the nature of the Khilafat movement and its role in the Non-cooperation 20
4. Analyse the achievements of the Congress ministries between 1937 and 1939. 20
5. Write short notes in about 250 words each on any two of the following: 10+10
a) Non-modernist theories of nationalism
b) Swadeshi movement
c) Political ideas of the Swaraj Party
d) Political mobilisation in the Princely States.
6. Describe the various forms which the popular protests took after 1945. 20
7. Discuss the views of various historians regarding the relationship between nationalism 20
8. Write a note on the relationship between the nationalist movement and the Dalits. 20
9. Analyse the Gandhian strategy to fight against the colonial state in India. 20
10. Write short notes in about 250 words each on any two of the following: 10+10
a) Reasons for Congress’ Acceptance of Partition
b) The Attitude of the Indian Capitalists towards the Congress
c) The Relations between Congress and Muslims from 1885 to 1914
d) Salient Features of the Indian Constitution.