MHI-08 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MHI-08: HISTORY OF ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT: INDIA
Course Code: MHI-08
Assignment Code: MHI-08/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words each.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Discuss the changing concerns of the nature-human interface over time. 20
2. How did the perceptions of the Indian landscape evolve since ancient times? 20 20
3. Highlight the methodological concerns that inform the writing of environmental 20
history in India.
4. What were the chief characteristics of the hunting gathering societies in India? Discuss. 20
5. Discuss the environmental conditions of the Indus area as outlined by different historians. 20
6. Analyse the historical patterns that can be seen in energy consumption. 20 20
7. What are the features of Srsti/universe in Indian thought? Discuss. 20
8. Highlight the main features of colonial understanding of environment. 20 20
9. What do you understand by the term bio-diversity? Explain its significance? 20 20
10. Discuss the Gandhian alternative of development.