MHI-06 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MHI-06: EVOLUTION OF SOCIAL STRUCTURES
IN INDIA THROUGH THE AGES
Course Code: MHI-06
Assignment Code: MHI-06/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words each.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Comment on the different sources for writing the history of ancient India. 20
2. How do we reconstruct the structure of the palaeolithic and early neolithic societies? 20
3. Discuss the nature of the society in the Harappan settlements. 20
4. Comment on the distinctness of the ‘early medieval period’ in Indian history. 20
5. How does Sangam literature help us in understanding the early Tamil society? 20
6. Discuss the various views on the Indian village community. Do you agree with Irfan 20
Habib that there was a common financial pool for the village community in India?
7. Discuss the phenomenon of the rise of the Rajputs with respect to the views of 20
B.D.Chattopadhyaya and N. Ziegler.
8. How do you view the process of consolidation of community consciousness between 20
9. Comment on the role of women in the Indian national movement. 20
10. Discuss the ways in which religious and social discrimination took place in 20