MHI-03 Solved Assignment 2018-19
Course Code: MHI-03
Assignment Code: MHI-03/AST/TMA/2018-19
Total Marks: 100
Note: Attempt any five questions. The assignment is divided into two Sections ‘A’ and ‘B’.
You have to attempt at least two questions from each section in about 500 words each.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. What do you understand by ‘microhistory’? Describe the historians and their works 20
related to this tradition of history-writing.
2. Discuss the distinctive features of traditional Chinese historiography. 20
3. Who are considered to be the founders of the Annales School of historiography? 20
Discuss their works.
4. Describe the important features of Indo-Persian tradition of history-writing during 20
the Mughal period.
5. What is objectivity? Discuss the relationship between objectivity and interpretation. 20
6. Write a note on the post-War Marxist historiography in the West after Second 20
7. Discuss the colonial historiography in India. 20
8. What do you understand by the term ‘History from Below’? Discuss with particular 20
reference to Indian historiography.
9. Write a note on the feminist historiography in India. 20
10. Write short notes in about 250 words each on any two of the following: 10+10
a) Marxist history-writing on Indian nationalism
b) Colonial perception of caste
c) Ancient Indian history-writing
d) Historians and causation