MGPE-010 Solved Assignment 2019-2020
Course Code: MGPE-010
Assignment Code: MGPE-010/ASST/TMA/2019-20
MGPE-010 POLITICAL SCIENCE Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MGP|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) MGP|
|Short Name||MGPE-010 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(POLITICAL SCIENCE) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question
is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Critically examine the nature of conflicts in the society today.
2. Examine the role of the United Nations in strengthening conflict-ridden societies.
3. Explain the following in about 250 words each:
a. Challenges of conflict assessment.
b. Methods of conflict analysis.
4. Explain the main causes of terrorism in Punjab.
5. Discuss the various sources of conflict.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words:
6. a) Notion of structural violence as propounded by Galtung.
b) Limitations of Conflict Assessment.
7. a) Galtung’s Conflict Transformation by Peaceful Means
b) Problem of violence in Nagaland.
8. a) Perspectives on conflict transformation.
b) Gandhi’s idea of Swaraj.
9. a) Satyagraha campaign led by Gandhi in South Africa.
b) Non-western approach to conflict transformation.
10. a) Post-conflict reconstruction and rehabilitation.
b) Civil Society approach to peace-building.
MGPE-0010, MGPE-010, MGPE 0010, MGPE 010, MGPE0010, MGPE010, MGPE-10, MGPE10, MGPE