MFN-007 Entrepreneurship and Food Service Management
Solved Assignment 2021-2022
Entrepreneurship and Food Service Management (MFN-007)
Assignment Code: MFN-007/AST-3/TMA-3/2021-22
Last Date of Submission: 28th February,2022
MFN-007 Solved Assignment 2021-2022
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Master of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: M.Sc. (DFSM)|
|Session||July 2021 session|
|Assignment Code||MFN-007/AST-3/TMA-3 /21-22|
|Product||Assignment of M.Sc. (DFSM) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
This assignment is based on Units 1 -19 of the MFN-004 Course.
Section A -Descriptive Questions
There are eight questions in this part. Answer all questions.
1. a) How would you get your food service unit registered? Enlist steps.
b) What kind of accidents can take place at work place and how can you prevent it?
2. a) Explain 3S model of entrepreneurship.
b) Enlist nine critical control points that have been identified in controlling
microbiological quality of food.
3. a) What are the different methods of purchasing? Explain briefly.
b) What do you understand by prospectus? Briefly explain its 3 components.
4. a) Explain the various methods of dry heat cooking.
b) What are the different income and expenditure records in a food service
5. a) What are the two methods of delivery service system? Differentiate between the two.
b) What are the characteristics of a good menu?
c) Explain gueridon service.
6. a) Differentiate between commissary and conventional food service system.
b) What are the three component of leadership?
c) Define contingency approach to leadership.
7. a) List the six principles involved in the process of staff management. What are the issues
related to the staff planning? Explain briefly.
b) What is an organization chart? Illustrate an organization chart of a dietetic department.
8. a) Explain the significance of 4P’s of marketing in context of food entrepreneurship.
b) What is a standardized recipe? Explain briefly the methods used for recipe
c) Discuss the process of receiving and storing the goods to minimize the losses.
Section B – OTQ (Objective Type Questions)
1. a) Define the following: (5)
i. A la carte Menu
ii. Profit and Loss Statement
iv. Operative budget
v. Food processing continuum
b) Match the following: (5)
i) Commercial Establishment a) Semi-Commercial
ii) Restaurant b) Pre-plated Service
iii) American Service c) Commercial
iv) Tea Stall d) Silver Service
v) English Service e) Entertainment/Leisure
2. Differentiate betweenthe following: (10)
i) Production forecasting and Production Scheduling
ii) Job Enrichment and Job Descriptions
iii) Mobile equipment and Modular Equipment
iv) Fixed Budget and Zero Based Budget
v) Adulteration and Misbranding
MFN-007, MFN 007, MFN007, MFN-07, MFN07, MFN 07, MFN-7, MFN7, MFN 7