MEG-16 Indian Folk Literature
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2020-2021
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-16)
INDIAN FOLK LITERATURE
Course Code: MEG-16
Assignment Code: MEG-16/TMA/2020-21
Max. Marks: 100
MEG-16 English Solved Assignment 2020-21
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Short Name||MEG-16 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Submission: The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March 2021(if enrolled in the July 2020 Session) and 30th
Sept, 2021 (if enrolled in the January 2021 session).
Attempt any five of the following. Question 8 is compulsory.
1. Give a brief overview of the growth of folklore studies in India. 20
2. What is Contextual Theory of folklore? Elucidate. 20
3. Categorize the ‘Great’ and ‘Little’ traditions in the study of folklore. 20
4. Are cave paintings a part of our folk paintings and folk narratives? Attempt a critical review of folk
5. Tales Told by Mystics bases itself on the rich indigenous mythological properties. Discuss.
6. Attempt a critical note on the ethnographic details and eco-systems of the tribes of India on the
basis of Sitakant Mahapatra’s The Awakened Wind: The Oral Poetry of the Indian Tribes. 20
7. Discuss Girish Karnad’s pivotal role in the development of folk theatre and modern Indian drama.
8. Write short notes on any two: (10×2=20)
b. Jatra, Kathakali, Tamasha
c. Folk music
d. Folk cuisine
MEG-016, MEG-16, MEG 016, MEG 16, MEG016, MEG