MEG-16 Indian Folk Literature Solved Assignment 2022-2023
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-16)
INDIAN FOLK LITERATURE
Course Code: MEG-16
Assignment Code: MEG-16/TMA/2022-23
Max. Marks: 100
MEG-16 English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Session||For July, 2022 and January, 2023 Session|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (if enrolled in the July Session) and 30th
Sept (if enrolled in the January session).
Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks. (20X5=100)
1. Discuss Identity and Hybridity, Kshetra and Desha vis-à-vis folklore and culture studies
2. What are the major thematic and narrative concerns in folk literature?
3. Discuss the seminal contributions of A K Ramanujan to folk literature, especially to
4. What is the difference between the tribal and folk cultures in any given culture? Discuss
with case studies.
5. Discuss the folk elements in T Shankar Pillai’s novel, Chemmeen.
6. Discuss the folk theatrical forms—Jatra, Kathakali, Tamasha, Nautanki and Pala—with
examples of your choice from different Indian regions.
MEG-016, MEG-16, MEG 016, MEG 16, MEG016, MEG