MEG-14 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-14)
Course Code: MEG-14
Assignment Code: MEG-14/TMA/2018-19
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt any five of the following:
1. Do you think that literature gives voice to the oppressed and silenced? Elaborate. (20)
2. In what way are biographies a reliable account of an individual and the society to which s/he
belongs? Illustrate with examples from the writers you have read in this course. (20)
3. Do you think that travel writing educates the reader about various cultures/society? Elaborate
with suitable examples. (20)
4. Discuss the main character of any short story in your course saying why you find that particular
character interesting enough to write about. (20)
5. How does translation serve as a tool for bringing people from varied cultures and languages
6. Attempt a critical appreciation of any poem in your course that you thought was specially thoughtprovoking.
Give reasons for your choice.