MEG-12 A SURVEY COURSE IN 20TH CENTURY CANADIAN LITERATURE
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2021-2022
A SURVEY COURSE IN 20TH CENTURY
Assignment Code: MEG-12/TMA/2021-22
Max. Marks: 100
MEG-12 English Solved Assignment 2021-22
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Session||For July, 2021 and January, 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (if enrolled in the July Session) and 30th
Sept (if enrolled in the January session).
1. It is important to know the history of a nation in order to understand its literature.
Keeping this in mind trace the different stages of Canadian history from the First
settlers to the present age.
2. The experience of wrestling with a rigorous climate and wilderness have shaped the
Canadian imagination. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
3. Write a detailed note on the genre of the Canadian long poem.
4. Attempt a detailed analysis of the poem ‘Envoi’ by Eli Mandel.
5. What are the major themes present in the novel Surfacing.
6. Write a detailed note on ‘Naturalism’ and show how it is reflected in the novel
‘The Tin Flute.
7. Write in detail how modernism and post modernism is reflected in the novel
The English Patient.
8. After reading the story “Where is the Voice Coming From”, would you say that
history has been distorted by the Whites?
9. What is the theme of the play The Ecstasy of Rita Joe?
10. Write a note on Northrop Frye’s ‘Conclusion’ to A Literary History of Canada.
MEG-012, MEG-12, MEG 012, MEG 12, MEG012, MEG