MEG-12 MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Assignment Code: MEG-12/TMA/2019-20
Max. Marks: 100
MEG-12 English Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Short Name||MEG-12 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020 |
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Attempt all TEN questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
1. If one wants to understand the typical make up of Canada as a nation, one needs to
take into account the Canadian attitude towards nature and technology. Do you
agree? Give reasons for your answer.
2. Write a detailed note on the contributions of Atwood and Ondaatje to recent Canadian
3. Attempt a detailed analysis of the poem „Elegy for a Grandfather‟ by Al Purdy.
4. Surfacing is about consumerism, identity and environmentalism. Do you agree? Give
reasons for your answer giving examples from the text.
5. Gabrielle Roy very realistically presents the lives of the people of Quebec in her novel
The Tin Flute. Discuss with examples from the novel.
6. Discuss the thematic strands and structure of The English Patient.
7. “A Mother in India” is about an individual case set against a framework of AngloIndian socio-economic reality. Discuss.
8. Immigrants lead a “Trishanku” like existence. Discuss “Sunday Afternoon” and
“Swimming Lessons” in the light of this statement.
9. The Ecstasy of Rita Joe showcases the attitude of the Whites towards the First Peoples
of Canada. Discuss with examples from the text.
10. Write a note on the contribution of Robert Kroetsch to postmodernism in Canada.
MEG-012, MEG-12, MEG 012, MEG 12, MEG012, MEG