MEG-09 MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: MEG-09
Assignment Code: MEG-09/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
MEG-09 English Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Short Name||MEG-09 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020 |
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Attempt five questions from the following:
All questions carry equal marks
Question 1 is compulsory
1. Show with examples how the notion of Australia is reflected in the writing of that
2. Why are European influences to be seen in major Australian writers? Discuss with
reference to the writers in your course. 20
3. Would you say that Voss is a novel that deals with the issue of identity? Discuss with
references from the text. 20
4. Write short notes on any two of the following: 2×10= 20
5. a) The Jindyworobaks.
b) John Shaw Nielson as a lyric poet.
c) Henry Lawson’s story telling technique.
d) Feminist concerns in Australian poetry
6. What part does the Bush play in the Australian creative imagination? 20
7. Discuss ‘The Drover’s Wife’ from a woman’s perspective. 20
8. How far does the author’s use of metaphors contribute to the effect of Remembering
Babylon? Illustrate 20
9. Discuss the relevance of the title The Removalists. 20
10. What were the main themes of nineteenth century Australian poetry? Substantiate
your answer with examples from the poems you have read.
MEG-09, MEG-9, MEG 09, MEG 9, MEG09, MEG