MEG-08 NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH
SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2021-2022
NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH
ASSIGNMENT FOR MEG –08
July 2021 and January 2022 Session
Assignment Code: MEG-08/TMA/2021-22
Max Marks : 100
MEG-08 English Solved Assignment 2021-22
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2021-2022 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Session||For July, 2021 and January, 2022 sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2021-2022 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (if enrolled in the July Session) and 30th
Sept (if enrolled in the January session).
1. The colonial educational system was inadequate for the creation of a national
consciousness, with regard to the Caribbean identity. Do you agree? Give reasons for
2. What are the geographical and socio-political contexts that have shaped the literature of
3. There is a definite relationship between history and literature. Keeping this in mind
analyse A Grain of Wheat as a complex portrayal of history.
4. Analyse A Dance of the Forests vis-à-vis the Nigerian independence; the relation of
tradition to history; and the relation of the artist to politics.
5. Analyse Ice-Candy Man as a novel of Partition.
6. What is the significance of the title A House for Mr. Biswas? Give a detailed answer.
7. Attempt a critical analysis of the poem ‘Names’ by Derek Walcott.
8. Critically analyse the poem ‘Angel/Engine’ by Edward Brathwaite.
9. The Solid Mandala is a play of dualities. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
10. Attempt a character sketch of Hagar Shipley in the novel The Stone Angel.
MEG-08, MEG-8, MEG 08, MEG 8, MEG08, MEG