MEG-08 Solved Assignment 2018-19
NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH
ASSIGNMENT FOR MEG –08
July 2018 and January 2019 Session
Assignment Code: MEG-08/TMA/2018-19
Max Marks : 100
Attempt all the ten questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
1. One form of cultural decolonization was to oppose colonial education. With reference
to the poem “Dan is the Man’, show how the Caribbeans opposed the colonial
2. Australia and Canada are both settler colonies. Write a detailed note on the forging
of a literary identity by both nations.
3. Comment on the title of the novel A Grain of Wheat.
4. Write a detailed note on some major issues present in the play A Dance of the Forests.
5. Analyse the reasons why the author employs a girl-child as the narrator of her
novel Ice-Candy Man.
6. Discuss the use of irony and humor in A House for Mr. Biswas.
7. Attempt a critical appreciation of Walcott’s poem ‘Crusoe’s Journal’.
8. Critically analyse Braithwaite’s poem ‘Ananse’.
9. Write a note on the thematic preoccupations present in The Solid Mandala.
10. Attempt a detailed character analysis of Hagar in the novel The Stone Angel.