MEG-04 ASPECTS OF LANGUAGE SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
MEG-04 English Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Short Name||MEG-04 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020 |
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Note: Attempt all questions. All questions carry equal marks.
Max. Marks: 100
1. Discuss the relationship between language and our perception of reality in terms of
linguistic relativity and linguistic determinism.
2. Write short notes on any four of the following, giving examples as far as possible:
i) Changes in the meaning of words from Old to Modern English.
ii) Langue and Parole
iii) Problems in defining a speech community
iv) Code mixing and code switching
v) Status versus Corpus planning
vi) Monism and Dualism
3. What is Theta theory? Which parts of grammar does it affect? Discuss with examples of
4. Discuss in detail four different approaches of looking at language and society (Unit 1,
Block 6). Highlight the differences between all these approaches.
5. Historically discuss the rise of American English and its chief characteristics.
MEG-04, MEG-4, MEG 04, MEG 4, MEG04, MEG