MEG-01 BRITISH POETRY SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
MEG-01 English Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Short Name||MEG-01 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||July 2019 Session Students- 31st March 2020
January 2020 Session Students- 30th September 2020
Answer all questions.
1. Explain any two of the excerpts of poems given below with reference to their
context: 10 X 2 = 20
(i) Now, sire”, quod she, “When we flee fro the bemes
For Goddess love, as taak som laxative.
Up peril of my soule and o lif,
I counseille yow the beeste, I wol nat lye,
(ii) My loue is now awake out of her dreams (s),
and her fayre eyes like stars that dimmed were
With darksome cloud, now shew theyr goodly beams
More bright then Hesperus his head doth rere.
(iii) I wonder by my troth, what thou, and I
Did, till we lov’d? were we not wean’d till then?
(iv) Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer,
And without sneering, teach the rest to sneer;
Willing to wound, and yet afraid to strike
2. Highlight the salient features of Romanticism with illustrations from the poems
prescribed for study. 20
3. Attempt a comparison between the Epithalamion and the Prothalamion as wedding
4. Would you agree that Milton reflects on blindness in Sonnets 19 & 23? Give a
reasoned answer. 20
5. Would you consider Sylvia Plath’s Daddy to be an expression against the voice of
patriarchy? Comment critically. 20
MEG-01, MEG-1, MEG 01, MEG 1, MEG01, MEG