MEG-01 BRITISH POETRY SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2022-2023
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-1)
(Based on Blocks (1 – 10)
Course Code: MEG-01
Assignment Code: MEG-01/TMA/2022-23
Max. Marks: 100
MEG-01 English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(English) MEG|
|Session||For July, 2022 and January, 2023 Session|
|Product||Assignment of MA(English) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study
Centre allotted to you by 31st March (if enrolled in the July Session) and 30th
Sept (if enrolled in the January session).
Note: Attempt any five questions.
1. Explain any two of the excerpts of poems given below with reference to their context:
10 X 2 = 20
(i) But hail thou Goddes, sage and holy,
Hail divinest Melancholy,
Whose Saintly visage is too bright
To hit the Sense of human sight;
And therefore to our weaker view,
Ore laid with black staid wisdoms hue.
(ii) My love is now awake out of her dreams (s),
and her fayre eyes like stars that dimmed were
With darksome cloud, now shew theyr goodly beams
More bright then Hesperus his head doth rere.
(ii) All human things are subject to decay,
And when Fate summons monarchs must obey.
This Fleckonoe found, who, like Augustus, young
Was called to Empire and had governed long;
(iv) Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer,
And without sneering, teach the rest to sneer;
Willing to wound, and yet afraid to strike
2. Draw a ccomparison between the Epithalamion and the Prothalamion as wedding
songs. Answer with suitable examples. 20
3. Who were the Pre- Raphaelites and what were the characteristics of the movement?
Critically appreciate any one poem of this age/movement. 20
4. What attitude to Nature does Coleridge express in the Ode to Dejection? In what ways does
this attitude differ from that of Wordsworth and from his own earlier attitude? 20
5. What was the Reformation? What relations can you identify and trace between the
Renaissance and the Reformation. 20
6. Philip Larkin has been called an ‘uncommon poet of common man’. Would you agree?
Explain with suitable examples.
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?