MECE-004 FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND MARKETS SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2019-2020
Course Code: MECE-004
Asst. Code: MECE-004/AST-1/2019-2020
Total Marks: 100
MECE-004 Solved Assignment 2019-20
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MECE-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||MECE-004 / AST-1/2019-2020|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2019-2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July 2019 session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, 2020, and for January 2020 session by September 30, 2020 for being eligible to appear in the termend examination. Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.|
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be
answered in about 500 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered
in about 300 words each). In the case of numerical questions word limits do not apply.
1) Describe the nature of the financial system in a modern economy giving the important types
of constituent institutions, markets and instruments. Explain the concept of flow-of-funds in
the financial markets
2) Discuss the Markowitz theory of efficient portfolio selection. How does the Capital Asset
Pricing Theory (CAPM) theory build on it?
3) Critically examine the major theories that have been put forward to explain the term
structure of interest rates.
4) Discuss the Black-Scholes formula on derivative pricing.
5) Discuss the concept of leverage for a firm. Discuss the important financial and leverage
ratios used. Explain the Merton-Miller theorem.
6) Explain the need for, and role of depository systems in secondary markets. Explain the
concept of custodial services.
7) Compare the impact of monetary policy under fixed exchange rates with those under
flexible exchange rates.
MECE-004, MECE004, MECE-04, MECE-4, MECE 004, MECE 4, MECE-004