MEC-109 Research Methods in Economics in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MEC-109
Assignment Code: MEC-109/AST/2022-23
Maximum Marks: 100
MEC-109 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Session||For July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, and for
January session by September 30 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
Note: Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 700 words each. The word limits do not apply in case of
numerical questions. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Explain with illustration the conflict between Inductivism and Hypothetic-Deductivism. How
these two methods are useful in undertaking research in social sciences.
2. (a) State the various forms of regression model. For working out the GDP growth rate of
Indian economy, which form of regression model would you like to use?
(b) Using the hypothetical date on real GDP in India for 1960-2007, we obtain the following
regression results in the following table:
Rate of growth of real GDP, USA, 1960-2007.
Dependent Variable: LRGDP
Method: Least Squares
Sample: 1960 2007
Included Observations: 48
Coefficient Std. Error t-Statistic Prob.
C 7.875662 0.009759 807.0072 0.0000
TIME 0.031490 0.000347 90.81657 0.0000
R-squared 0.994454 Mean dependent var 8.647156
0.994333 S.D dependent var 0.442081
S.E. of regression 0.033280 Akaike info criterion -3.926969
0.050947 Schwarz criterion -3.849003
Log likelihood 96.24727 Durbin- Watson stat 0.347740
F-statistic 8247.650 Prob (F-statistic) 0.000000
Interpret the results.
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each. Each question carries 12 marks.
3. State the common elements of interpretation and critical theory paradigm. How does
Interpretivism paradigm is useful for theory building?
4. Distinguish between Mono Method Research and Mixed Method Research. State the rationale
for use of mixed methods research in social sciences.
5. What is cluster analysis? Which steps are involved in cluster analysis? Give illustration.
6. What is the difference between case study method and survey method?
7. Writer short note on any three of the following:
i. Systematic sampling and stratified sampling
ii. Interval scale and Ratio scale as measurement scale technique
iii. Research design and Research method
iv. Research hypothesis and Statistical hypothesis
v. Cross section data and time series data
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?