MEC-109 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MEC-109: ECONOMICS OF SOCIAL SECTOR
Course Code: MEC-109
Assignment Code: MEC-109/AST/2018-19
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-109 Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MEC-109 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before March 31th, 2019 for the session July, 2018 and|
before September 30th, 2019 for the session January 2019
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be
answered in about 500 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered
in about 300 words each). In the case of numerical questions word limits do not apply.
1. Explain the research perspectives guiding quantitative and qualitative research. Do you find
any conflict among these research perspectives?
2. How can you evaluate the quality of employment in India? What are the data sources
available for a researcher who wants to assess the quality of employment?
3. What do you understand by the term ‘Research design? Explain with illustration the
distinction between research design and research methods.
4. State the concept of composite index. Which steps are involved in construction of composite
index? How can you deal with missing values and outliers in construction of composite
Which steps are involved in construction of price indexes. State with example the various
uses of price indexes.
5. Under what circumstances would you like to use canonical correlation analysis in preference
to multiple regression? State the procedure for computation of canonical correlation.
Distinguish between PRA and RRA. Under which circumstances would you prefer to use
RRA to Sampling Survey Approach in Research?
6. Distinguish between data collection and data generation. Discuss the various tools used in
7. Explain any three of the following:
i) Action Research
ii) Case study
iii) Goodness of fit
iv) Sen’s Index
v) Scientific explanation