MEC-108 Solved Assignment 2018-19
MEC-108: ECONOMICS OF SOCIAL SECTOR
Course Code: MEC-108
Assignment Code: MEC-108/AST/2018-19
Maximum Marks: 100
|Title Name||MEC-108 Solved Assignment 2018-19|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: MA(Economics)|
|Short Name||MEC-108 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MA(Economics) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||before March 31th, 2019 for the session July, 2018 and|
before September 30th, 2019 for the session January 2019
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be
answered in about 500 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered
in about 300 words each). In the case of numerical questions word limits do not apply.
1. State the linkage between population and environment. Discuss the factors explaining
2. Explain the significance of Coase Bargaining Solution in solving the externality problem in
3. Briefly outline the contribution of important theorists in according a place of primacy for
education in overall development.
4. How is the equilibrium price for physicians determined in the healthcare market?
5. Explain with the help of modified Hotelling rule how the present value of rents can be
maximised in the case of ‘extraction with stock effect’ for an environmental good.
6. Indicate the gaps in the conventional system of estimating the national income making it an
overestimate by not accounting for environmental degradation.
7. Write a note on the axioms of inequality measures.