MEC-103 QUANTITATIVE METHODS in English Solved Assignment 2022-2023
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MEC-003/103
Assignment Code: MEC-103/2022-23
Total Marks: 100
MEC-103 Solved Assignment 2022-2023
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2022-2023 Course: MA(ECONOMICS) MEC|
|Session||For July 2022 and January 2023 Sessions|
|Product||Assignment of MA(ECONOMICS) 2022-2023 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For July session, you need to submit the assignments by March 31, and for
January session by September 30 for being eligible to appear in the term end examination.Assignments should be submitted to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. Obtain a receipt from the Study Centre towards submission.
Note: Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 700 words each. The word limits do not apply in case of
numerical questions. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. (i) “Analysis of economic relationships often requires inclusion of a large number of interrelated
variables into the model. Linear algebra provides tools of solving simultaneous equations with the
aid of matrices and determinants means for their concise presentation and solution mechanism”. In
the light of this statement, explain the concept of matrix and determinants. (12)
(ii) Discuss the properties of determinants. Use examples to elaborate your response. (8)
2. We can derive some fundamental distributions with the help of Normal distribution. Enlist these
fundamental distributions and explain each one of them in detail. (20)
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each. Each question carries 12 marks.
3. Under the simple regression analysis there are different methods of estimation. One of them is the
Ordinary Least Square (OLS) method of estimation. Explain this method in detail. (12)
4. A good estimator should satisfy certain criteria. Discuss these criteria with illustration. (12)
5. (i) Enlist the properties of a binomial distribution. Find the probability of getting 8 heads and 5 tails
in 13 tosses of an unbiased coin. (4)
(ii) In a steel factory, on an average, there are 6 defects per 10 square feet of steel sheet produced. If
we assume a poisson distribution, what is the probability that and 18 square feet of steel sheet will
have at least 7 defects? (4)
(iii) The height distribution of a group of 10,000 men is normal with mean height 63.5″ and
standard deviation 3.5. Find the number of men whose height is (a) less than 54.5″ and (b) more
than 74.5″. (4)
6. Explain the concept of indefinite integral with the help of examples. Discuss any two economic
applications of indefinite integral. (6 + 6 = 12)
7. Write short notes on the following: (3 X 4 = 12)
(i) Types of Sampling
(ii) Critical values
(iii) Probability Density Function
(iv) Cramer’s rule
The Advantages of studying IGNOU Solved Assignments are given below:
- Easy Accessibility: IGNOU solved assignments are easily accessible online, which means students can access them anytime and anywhere.
- Comprehensive Solutions: The solved assignments provide comprehensive answers to the questions asked in the assignments, which makes it easier for students to understand and study the topics.
- Cost-Effective: The solved assignments are available at a very economical rate, which makes them a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Reference Material: The solved assignments can be used as reference material for further study, as they provide detailed answers to the questions asked.
- Time-Saving: The solved assignments save a lot of time for students as they do not need to spend time researching and writing the answers themselves.
Can I score good marks by getting solved assignments?
Yes, you can get good marks by getting the Solved Assignment as it contains the answers to the questions asked in the assignment and will help you to understand the concepts better and score better.
Read more: How to Make IGNOU Solved Assignment?