MANE-004 GENDER AND SOCIETY
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MANE-004
Assignment Code: MANE-004/ASST/TMA/2020-2021
Total Marks: 100
MANE-004 Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||Master’s in Anthropology (MAAN)|
|Semester||2020-2021 Course: Master’s in Anthropology (MAAN)|
|Short Name||MANE-004 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of MAAN (Master’s in Anthropology ) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For students admitted in July 2020 Batch: March 31, 2021
For students admitted in January 2021 Batch: September 30, 2021
1. Define gender? Critically examine the concepts of masculinity and femininity.
2. Discuss socialisation and examine critically the role of peers and school in the
socialisation of a child. 20
3. Discuss family from the perspective of sexuality and heteronormativity. Give examples.
4. Discuss the role of Margaret Mead in contributing to the study of gender in anthropology.
5. Write short notes on any four of the following: 4 X 5
a. Transsexual bodies
b. Judith Butler
c. Domestic labour
d. Queer feminism
e. Bodies at menarche
1. What do you understand by ethnicity? How is ethnicity connected to gender? Discuss. 20
2. Discuss the role and identity of women in caste based societies. 20
3. Write about women’s participation in the social reform movements of the colonial period.
4. Describe and differentiate between any two of the following: 2 X 10
a. Paid and unpaid labour
b. Matriarchy and Patriarchy
c. Women in colonial and post-colonial India
MANE004, MANE 004, MANE-004, MANE-04, MANE04, MANE 04, MANE-4, MANE4, MANE 4