LSE-07 Taxonomy and Evolution Solved Assignment 2020
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE-07
Assignment Code: LSE-07/TMA/2020
Max. Marks: 100
LSE-07 LIFE SCIENCES Solved Assignment 2020
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Semester||2019-2020 Course: BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Short Name||LSE-07 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) 2020 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st January to 31st December 2020|
1. a) Write the principles of taxonomy and systematics in brief.
b) What is omnispective classification?
2. a) Differentiate between homology and analogy with proper diagram.
b) List the principles of binomial nomenclature.
3. a) Differentiate between Alpha and Omega taxonomy.
b) What are keys and how they are used in plant taxonomy?
4. a) Describe with examples how morphological and anatomical, evidences can become a
tool for a taxonomist.
b) Discuss main problems of two kingdom classification system.
5. Write Short Notes on the following :
i) Numerical taxonomy
ii) Taxonomic hierarchy
iii) National parks
iv) Herbarium ethics
6. Give an account of Pre-Darwinian evolutionary. (10)
7. Explain the concept of co-evolution with the help of an example of host-parasite relationship. (10)
8. Give an account of geological records. (10)
9. Make a comparison between Homo habilis and Homo erectus. (10)
10. a) Discuss sources and expression of variability.
b) Describe the mechanism of speciation.
LSE-07, LSE-7, LSE 07, LSE 7, LSE07, LSE7,LSE