LSE-05 Solved Assignment 2019
|Title Name||LSE-05 Solved Assignment 2019|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Course||BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Semester||2018-2019 Course: BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) LSE|
|Short Name||LSE-05 (ENGLISH)|
|Product||Assignment of BSC (LIFE SCIENCES) 2018-2019 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||Valid from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019|
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE-05
Assignment Code: LSE-05/TMA/2019
Maximum Marks: 100
Part I-(Animal Physiology)
1. Describe the function of the following:
(i) Gills Block
(ii) Pacemaker in mammalian heart
(iii) Lung surfactant
(iv) Salt glands in marine birds
(v) Neurotransmitter endorphin
2. (a) Describe how contraction of skeletal muscle occurs at molecular level.
(b) Describe the transport of glucose into the epithelial cells of the small
intestine during the process of food absorption.
3. (a) Explain how carbon dioxide is transported in blood.
(b) Define action potential? Describe how action potential is propagated in a
4. Write notes on the following:
(a) Haemostatic Mechanism
(b) Peptide hormones and their action
(c) Regulation of kidney function in mammals.
Part II-(Plant Physiology)
6. Define the following :
(iv) Water Potential
(v) Field Capacity
7 (a) Define stomatal frequency and stomatal index.
(b) Explain the mechanism of stomatal opening and closing.
8. (a) List the function of essential elements and describe any one of them.
(b) Differentiate between macro nutrient and micronutrient. Describe the role of
any two micronutrient in plant metabolism.
9. Describe the movement of electron from photosystem I and II with the help Z
scheme and labeled diagram.
10. (a) Describe the properties of phytochrome.
(b) Discuss the use of plant hormones in horticulture.
(c) What is Red drop?